SEARHC offers digital storytelling class in Haines
August 25 2010
The SouthEast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC) Health Promotion department is hosting a free class on digital storytelling for adults and youth ages 14 and older on Sunday through Tuesday, Aug. 29-31, in Haines.
The digital storytelling class takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday at the Alaska Native Brotherhood (ANB) Hall. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop with a Windows operating system, and the following free programs: Windows Moviemaker and Audacity. They also should bring non-licensed music and scanned photos.
The digital storytelling class will teach people to:
- Write a 200-250 personal story focusing upon one important health-related message the participant feels passionate about sharing.
- Design and develop the story in a format suitable for digital storytelling.
- Learn computer-based skills for producing their personal digital story.
- Present their digital story to workshop participants and facilitators.
- Make a plan to share their digital story to extend their health knowledge.
For more information or to receive an information packet, contact SEARHC Community Wellness Advocate Mandy Ramsey in Haines at 766-6317 or Health Educator Renae Mathson in Sitka at email@example.com